Sunday, April 17, 2011

HOLY CRAP THAT WEED WAS A TREE!!!!!

I spent the last few minutes attempting to identify the tree that was trying to eat my garage and had found a lot of useless sites claiming to have tools for plant identification.  The most usable tool was the Virginia Tech weed identification site, but it only had a database for grasses, or so I thought.

This, is my new favorite site (of the day): Key to Leaves of Virginia Trees

So, that plant that I thought might be a Virginia Creeper... or a Wild Sarsaparilla?  IT'S AN ASH TREE!!  TREE!!!

IT REALLY WAS A FREAKING TREE


Ahem..  So I'm feeling appropriately vindicated that it took a few hours with my favorite new toy to successfully remove the thing:

Oh Skil Saw, how I love thee

Here are some better pictures by which I attempted to identify the plant, if I'm wrong please tell me





No comments:

Post a Comment